Sunday, February 20, 2011

LinkedIn vs Plaxo

There are very few differences between the two sites. One of the pros that Plaxo currently has is there is an App on Itunes that I can download on to my iphone and all of my contacts will be easily accessed there. Since I always have my phone with me and not necessarily my laptop it is nice to have that feature. Another pro regarding these sites is that everything is easily formulated for you whereas on a professional portfolio page you have to build it from the ground up. The biggest con I believe among the sites is to not use all three but to chose one that works for you.  Often times people may be members of one but not the other so it would be beneficial to encourage contacts to be a part of the one that I chose. Also it is nice how the sites plug into Facebook. Plaxo and Linkedin tend to be on the professional side where as Facebook tends to lean towards the social side. So because of this it is nice to see the three come together.

No comments:

Post a Comment